Flight Forum is committed to creating a green, vibrant environment for businesses, employees, and temporary residents. In the development of the area, we focus on mixed-use and adding amenities according to the needs of the city. Everything we do contributes to a sustainable work and living environment that is enjoyable and livable, even for generations to come.
To achieve this, Flight Forum focuses on five pillar:
- Further investment in greenery to improve the quality of stay and create a natural environment that invites relaxation and movement.
- Stimulating public amenities in the plinths of buildings to create more vibrancy and make the area more attractive for residents and visitors.
- Providing space for new forms of business, such as medical clinics, laboratories, and educational institutions, to attract and stimulate new users of the area.
- Pilot short stay, in addition to the hotel, so that other users are present in the area 24/7.
- Realizing future-proof mobility solutions, including parking.
Each month we take you through one of these pillars. This month, the focus is on short stay.
An interesting development is the addition of short-stay facilities at Flight Forum. These are furnished apartments that can be rented for between two weeks and six months. Short stay provides knowledge workers, migrant workers, (international) students, and people looking for temporary housing a soft landing in the Brainport. This contributes to relieving pressure on the housing market in the Eindhoven region and offers opportunities for companies in and around the Eindhoven Airport District to house their (temporary) employees.
Short stay also contributes to a 24/7 vibrant and active community at Flight Forum, with a diversity of residents and activities. Currently, the Flight Forum team is working with the municipality of Eindhoven on policy frameworks and conditions for a pilot project. This includes looking at size, target groups, operation, and image quality. The pilot project must also determine whether Flight Forum is an attractive place to stay.
Bart Verschut – Director of Flight Forum on short stay: “I am convinced that Flight Forum offers a unique and livable environment where people who stay 24/7 make a valuable contribution to social cohesion. That’s why I’m very enthusiastic about the initiative and look forward to the reactions from the market.”